How to set up a WiFi smartAC kit with a WiFi connected smartphone app
Slow-spinning red light Fast-spinning red light
- Plug the modlet into an outlet. If this is the first time setting up your modlet, you will see a slow-spinning red light [see above]. If you do not see a slow-spinning red light, you will need to factory reset your modlet. For instructions on how to do that, click here.
- Launch the ThinkEco smartAC app from an Android or iPhone smartphone and sign into your MyModlet.com account.
- Go to the Devices tab and select the plus icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click on “Let’s Begin.”
- Go to your phone settings and connect to your Modlet WiFi signal. The network name will appear as: modletBN_WiFi_ABC123 (this means that your phone will momentarily lose Internet connection. That is fine for this step, if you see an error message warning you that you have lost connection, you can ignore it.)
- Return to the ThinkEco smartAC app and after a brief moment you will see a screen that says “Your modlet is configuring”
- You will then be prompted to choose your network. Make sure to choose your home WiFi network. If you do not see the name of your home WiFi, you can refresh the page.
- Enter the password carefully for your wireless network and click on the arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- The modlet LED will spin fast as it tries to join the network. After a brief moment the app will display “Your modlet is configuring.” If the red light stops spinning, you have successfully connected your modlet to your router.
- Your phone will then drop the modletBN_WiFi network and attempt to join to your home WiFi. Open your phone settings and confirm you have reconnected to your WiFi. If you haven’t, please do so manually.
- After a brief moment your modlet page will display. Enter the device name. Click the arrow at the bottom of the screen.
- You will then be prompted to join a thermostat remote to your modlet. Before joining the thermostat remote, make sure that your remote screen displays a blinking X’ed out WiFi sign and has two dashes, and you do not see any temperature readings. If you do see temperature readings, you will need to hold down on the remote’s on/off button for about 15 seconds.
- Click “next” when prompted to pair your thermostat
- While the app is searching for your thermostat remote, make sure that the display screen does not go to sleep by pressing on any of the buttons.
- Once the remote is joined the app will confirm and you will see 2 numbers on the remote display.
- The smartphone app will display a message congratulating you for successfully setting up your kit. Select the Finish button to complete the process.
- Press the button on the top left corner of the thermostat remote and verify you can turn your AC on and off with your remote.
If you are unable to control your modlet with your thermostat, or you still see a spinning red light on your modlet, it means that your modlet was not able to successfully connect to your network. In order to solve this connection issue, follow the instructions here.
How to install your Thinkco smartAC WiFi kit [VIDEO]
Troubleshoot WiFi smartAC kit
Do I have a WiFi modlet or a Zigbee Modlet
Where can I get the ThinkEco smartAC iPhone App?
Where can I get the ThinkEco smartAC Android App?
Set up a WiFi smartAC kit with WiFi connected Computer or tablet
Stuck in Fast Spin
Did you find this article helpful?