Join a thermostat remote to a WiFi modlet
Insert the batteries into the remote. If you see an X’ed out WiFi signal on your thermostat remote screen wait 30 seconds and try again. If the the X’ed out WiFi signal does not go away it means your remote has fallen offline and is no longer reporting to the ThinkEco cloud and needs to be rejoined following the instructions below. If you see the two temperature readings on the thermostat remote display screen in addition to the X’ed out WiFi sign, your thermostat remote will need to be reset and rejoined.
- Make sure the thermostat remote is within 30 feet of the modlet it will pair with.
- Log into your mymodlet.com account using an Internet browser.
- Click on the “Modlet Network” tab.
- Find the modlet you would like to join your thermostat to and click the “Add Thermostat” icon in the Action column. If you only see a “Remove Thermostat” icon, you will need to follow these steps to reset and rejoin your thermostat.
- Click the “Search” button. Make sure the display does not go to sleep by pressing any button.
- Once the thermostat connects, the X will disappear and your set temperature and room temperature will appear. Click “Finish” to return to your account.
My remote displays an X or a blinking X
My remote does not work
Set up a WiFi smartAC kit with WiFi connected Computer or tablet
Set up a WiFi smartAC kit with WiFi connected Smartphone App
Troubleshoot a WiFi smartAC kit
Did you find this article helpful?