Factory Reset the WiFi Modlet
Before trying to re-join the modlet to any existing network, both the modlet and the thermostat remote will need to be factory reset and re-joined. You won’t lose any of your energy data if you reset the modlet or the thermostat remote.
- Plug the modlet into an outlet
- Press down on the modlet LED button for approximately 10 seconds until the LED starts spinning slowly as shown in the animation above.
- Unplug and replug the modlet and confirm the modlet is still spinning slowly.
- Look at the thermostat remote display screen – if you see two dashes and a blinking X’ed out WiFi sign, you can skip to step 6. If you don’t see the two dashes and instead see the room and target temperature, go to step 5.
- In order to reset the thermostat remote, press down on the on/off button until you see the aforementioned dashes.
- Once you have confirmed the slow spin on the modlet and reset the thermostat remote, you are ready to re-join your modlet. You can do so from the smartAC app or through a browser. You will also have to rejoin your thermostat.
Did you find this article helpful?