Troubleshoot a ZigBee modlet or smartAC kit
If you have followed these steps to join a ZigBee modlet and unable to successfully connect it, see the troubleshooting steps below.
- The Ethernet Gateway must be online before you join a modlet. Go here to troubleshoot your gateway.
- Make sure that the modlet light is spinning quickly (one rotation per second). If your modlet light is spinning slowly (one rotation every two seconds), reset your modlet by holding the button down until the light begins to spin quickly, around 7 seconds.
- Make sure you are within 30 feet of the gateway or another modlet. Modlets can communicate with one another to form a mesh network and expand the gateway's range well beyond 30 feet.
- Obstructions in your home or office can prevent a modlet from continuously communicating with your gateway or another modlet. Try setting up the modlet (and thermostat remote if you have a smartAC kit) in the same room as the gateway. Once the modlet and thermostat remote have joined, you can move them to where they are needed and plug them in. After 10 - 20 minutes, check your mymodlet.com account and see if your modlet has a recent Last Reading on the Modlet Network tab. This means the modlet is within range and will continue to remain connected.
- If you are still unable to connect, try unplugging the power from the gateway, re-plugging the power, and try again.
Did you find this article helpful?