If you have an Apple Airport Express, Airport Extreme or Time Capsule and you cannot join your WiFi modlet to your WiFi network, follow these steps to manually connect your modlet to the network with a browser.
The WiFi modlet has a red light (LED) ring that tells you its current status:
Slow-spinning red light Fast-spinning red light
- Plug the modlet into an outlet. If this is the first time setting up your modlet, you will see a slow-spinning red light. If you do not see a slow-spinning red light, you will need to factory reset your modlet. For instructions on how to do that, click here.
- Go to the MyModlet.com and log into your account.
- Go to the Modlet Network tab.
- Click on the gray button that says [Add Modlet].
- You will be directed to a set of instructions that tell you to connect your device to your modlet’s WiFi signal. You should go to your device settings and connect to the wireless network called modletBN_WiFi _ABC123. Once you have successfully connected, click “OK I’m connected.”
- After a few moments, you will see a screen that says “Configure your network.” Click on [Scan available networks], scroll to the bottom of the list, and select [Other] to add the network manually.
- Enter the name of your 2.4 GHz wireless network. The network name is case-sensitive, so enter the network name carefully. If you know the Network Channel (0-11) enter it. Otherwise select "All". Security is WPA2. Network type is "Personal."
- Enter the password carefully for your WiFi network and click “Join Network.”
- The modlet LED will spin fast as it tries to join the network. After a brief moment your device will disconnect from the modletBN_WiFi network and connect back to your home WiFi. Open your device’s WiFi settings and confirm you have rejoined your home network. If you haven’t, please do so manually. If the red light stops spinning, you have successfully connected your modlet to the router.
- After a brief moment, you will be directed to a screen saying “Almost done!” Click “Search.”
- You will then be directed to a page that prompts you to select a modlet name and device. Once you have done so, click “Finish.”
- You will then be prompted to join a thermostat remote to your modlet. Before joining the thermostat remote, make sure that your remote screen displays a blinking X’ed out WiFi sign and has two dashes, and you do not see any temperature readings. If you do see temperature readings, you will need to hold down on the remote’s on/off button for about 15 seconds.
- While the website is searching for your thermostat remote, make sure that the display screen does not go to sleep by pressing on any of the buttons.
- Once the remote is joined to the web page, you will see 2 numbers on the remote display.
- The website will display a message congratulating you for successfully setting up your kit. Select the Finish button to complete the process.
- Press the button on the top left corner of the thermostat remote and verify you can turn your AC on and off with your remote.